THIR13EN Headline Animator

Sunday, March 15, 2009

Empty Glass...

It's been a few months since I decided to look another opportunities out there.. I'm talking about moving to another company, another industry, switch career, go take master degree, searching for scholarship overseas, take a part time job, thinking about building my own business....anything!! Anything but now !!
Please.. don't get me wrong.. It's not that I don't like it here as where I am and what I do now.. It's not that I don't thank and be grateful enough to still have a job, friends, co-worker and boss who support and have their full faith on me... It's just.. that.. I begin to feel almost like an empty glass now... contra productive.. worthless..

It's not that I hate being a banker.. I always have My Mom as my Role model, she's a banker and deep inside I envy her so much.. I used to think that it's not easy to work in a Bank, smart people can work everywhere, but to be a banker, U have to be honest and trusty since u are working with a lot of people's money.. At least that's what my Mom always taught me since I was a child...
When I applied for this job a year ago.. I had this idealistic view...
Working in a foreign bank, meet a lot of rich people, handle their account, be smart and learn how to be a great wealth manager... tell them in what and how much to invest and how long in certain period of time..
time goes by.. and now.. I already lost all those believes.. There's nothing as a great relationship, understanding, trust... It's all just business !
Let's say that there was a client, He's loaded and want to invest the money, he asked me where he should put the money.. Of course the client trust me 100% as his Account Manager in the bank.. From my personal opinion there is no investment safer than savings or time deposit nowadays, but those products do not generate revenue to the bank.. and I have my Target ! Therefore.. I would recommend him to put his money in a less conventional product and risk his money to achieve my target..
Do U think I am a bad banker...? No..! We call it professional !
next case.. there is a client who want to take all of her portfolio in the bank because she got a better interest rate in the other bank.. as an account officer, I have to manage the portfolios I handled, therefore I insist the client not to do that and insist her to keep her money in the bank..
Or.. I keep persuade people to put their money in the bank that myself do not trust in...
Am I out of my mind ?! No ! We call it persistence and committed !

I don't blame anyone, not the condition, the company, or even the bosses...
They are all just the same as me... the victim !
It's my problem..
It's the consequences..

The thing is.. I don't want to do this for the rest of my life... In general as a professional, I see how my Mom work hard and struggle for life.. be the backbone for the family.
Being a professional, get fully respected, be settled and secured is one thing I always wanted..
In detail as a banker, U have no idea what people can do for money...
But now everything become so far and blur..

Professionalism and career don't impress me that much anymore..

There are many ways to obtain success...and most people get it by doing what they feel most comfortable and enjoy.. like what my friend Erika said "Find the job U like and U don't have to work for the rest of ur life..."
I have to find my passion and do it.. as simple as that.. and I'm wasting my time to find it by doing what I do now...





6 comments:

timo said...

ahahahahaha!
i think i already experienced such thing on my six days as a liaison officer...it's all just business! smile, laugh, conversation, formal suite, nice car? bleh, it's just a cover up for a thing called money!

life is out there, my friend! don't waste ur time by doing things that u don't like. settled, professionalism, money? such an artificial things.
do what u want in ur precious and short life.

"the world is a playground. you know that when you are a kid, but somewhere along the way everyone forgets it."
-Allison in Yes Man (2008)-

timo said...

Matthew 6:27,28,31-34

27
Can any of you by worrying add a single moment to your life-span?
28
Why are you anxious about clothes? Learn from the way the wild flowers grow. They do not work or spin.
So do not worry and say, 'What are we to eat?' or 'What are we to drink?' or 'What are we to wear?'
32
All these things the pagans seek. ... Read MoreYour heavenly Father knows that you need them all.
33
But seek first the kingdom (of God) and his righteousness, 19 and all these things will be given you besides.
34
Do not worry about tomorrow; tomorrow will take care of itself. Sufficient for a day is its own evil.

Anonymous said...

hoho , one advice for u bro , dont write your objection about your job or your conflict of interest in your published blog !

be ware bro , this is open media , any one can read this.

our life is so simple , life is about choice bro. now you do much better , you tried your passion by do your own bussines, by learn your passion in internet. you has choose your choice, keep trying bro.

Tasia said...

no suggestion!

tappi i like ur blog!

haha.

hm. wat ever you do! you can do it johan!!!!!!!

D'Blue Sea said...

Hi, broo..
I just wanna say that life's too short for the wrong job...
it's true that either finding a job or earning money is hard. but i believe that living in lies is harder. That's why you grumbling on your job, right?

Face it bro, and just listen to what your heart says. If you wanna change your life, do it! Better regret after doing something than doing nothing ;)

good luck!

Anonymous said...

hah!! why all people talk in english ?? well,we call this real life,somethin that we didn't learn in school..yeah i don't like that too(u know me right?),but we have to face it,again i said this is real life,adults game,no place for a boy..

but don't worry i'm still a boy haha..

Recent Comments